I LOVE, LOVE a good cup of hot chocolate, but sometimes I don’t want it hot. I want it….well, cold or more like frozen. Try this recipe the next time you want this chocolatey drink. Works great for summertime, too!
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp hot cocoa mix
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1/3 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 ounces evaporated milk
- 4 1/2 cups ice
- Whipped cream
- Chocolate chips
- Combine sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler. Stir until melted.
- Stir in semi-sweet chocolate chips. Mix until mixture is smooth.
- Slowly add in 1/2 cup of the evaporated milk and stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
- Combine chocolate mixture with the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into frosty glasses and top with whipped cream, marshmallows and chocolate chips, if desired.