I absolutely love my home state of North Carolina! From the mountains to the coast and everything in between, the Tarheel has something for everyone. This state is full of historic sites and attractions that are must-sees. Even though I have live here for my whole life, there are still many things I want to experience. Here is my NC bucket list.
- Climb Old Baldy on Bald Head Island
- Go to the ghost town of Portsmouth
- Visit NC potters in Seagrove
- Visit the Life and Science Museum in Durham
- Climb Mount Mitchell
- Visit the Carolina Coffee Shop in Chapel Hill, the oldest restaurant in NC.
- Visit St. Thomas Episcopal Church in Bath, the oldest church in the state.
- Go to a race at the Orange County Speedway
- Run on an old Nascar track in Hillsborough
- Do some shagging, shucking and jiving at the NC Oyster Festival
- Raft the Nantahala
- Climb the stairs to the top of the Corolla Lighthouse.
- Take a dip in Lake Lure, the setting for that famous scene in Dirty Dancing.
- Tour the USS North Carolina.
- See the wild ponies at Shackleford Banks.
- Slip down Sliding Rock.
- Learn about sea turtle rescue at Topsail.
- Visit the Carolina Raptor Center at Latta Plantation.
- Climb the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse.
- Paddle board on the Intracoastal Waterway.