Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms out there!
If you are like me, you are wondering how on earth will you find the right present for a woman who deserves the world. To honor my mother on this special day, I’m taking a look back at a previous post, written just for her.
For last year’s Mother’s Day, I wrote a “To Inspire and Motivate,” post called “Dear Mom.” Looking back, what I wrote is still very true.
Recently, I have seen a lot of “Dear So and So” letters floating around the Internet. So, I decided to write one to my biggest supporter and hero, my mother. Below are the top five things she has taught me that I wanted to pass along in my “Dear Mom” letter (trust me, there are tons I have learned from her, but I’ll just share a few for now ).
What can I say? Thank you for being my biggest supporter and always being there for me. Thank you for teaching me that:
1. Everyone deserves love and respect–no matter what. End of story, no more explanation needed.
2. Over celebrate a person’s birthday. Everyone deserves a special day, where the attention is on them.
3. It’s okay to be organized. Sometimes we need to have things colorized, alphabetized, sorted by size, etc.
4. Family comes before everything else. This is the group of people who will love and support you during the good and bad times. Family doesn’t have to be blood-related, they just have to be there for you and you need to be there for them.
5. It’s okay to break down and fall apart, as long as you get yourself back up. My mom never stops trying. She tackles everything life throws at her with class, charm, and gumption.