With Halloween right around the corner, it is time to start thinking about how you and your family will carve this year’s jack-o-lantern. However, you don’t always have to carve the traditional design on the pumpkin. Instead, think outside of the box and use the tips below for creating the perfect Halloween pumpkin for your front porch.
- Paint your pumpkins instead of carving: think about your favorite colors, colors of your favorite sports team, etc. and paint your jack-o-lanterns. Also, create faces and turn them into your favorite movie or book character. Another option is glitter paint.
- Cover with fabrics, such as velvet or satin
- Bedazzle with jewels and sequins. Think about unusual materials, such as pipe cleaners, pom-poms, foil, etc., to decorate as well.
- Add your monogram with paint or Sharpies.
- Instead of cutting the top off, remove the bottom for easier cleaning and a more stable pumpkin. Set the pumpkin over a light or candle for the same effect.
Happy (early) Halloween!