Happy Tuesday! There is nothing more southerner than a cup of ice cold Cheerwine. Don’t know what Cheerwine is? The beverage is a cherry soft-drink, founded in North Carolina. Trust me, it is a must-try!This soft-drink has multiple uses, including being made into quick and easy cupcakes!
- 1 box white cake mix
- 12 ounces Cheerwine
- 1/8 teaspoon cherry flavor
- Maraschino cherries
- 4 cups Cheerwine
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2-3 cups of powdered confectioner sugar
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Line cupcake pans with liners and set aside
- Whisk together cake mix, Cheerwine, and cherry flavor. Pour into prepared pans and bake according to package instructions. Cool completely.
- In a saucepan, boil down the Cheerwine until it has reduced to 1/2 cup.
- In a mixer, cream butter and 2 cups of powdered sugar on medium speed. Slow speed to low and add Cheerwine reduction. Increase speed to high and beat until light and fluffy, adding additional sugar if needed.
- Pipe frosting onto cupcakes and top with maraschino cherries.