Happy Winter! Today is the first day of a new season and is the shortest day and longest night of the year in the Northern Hemisphere. December 21st is known as winter solstice and happens due to the tilt of the sun towards the Earth.
Celebrate the day with your family and friends. This simple craft will have your home smelling good all season long and makes a great Christmas decoration!
- An orange
- Thin colored ribbon
- Wrap the ribbon around the orange, twisting at the base, dividing the orange into quarters.
- Feed the ends under the piece of ribbon at the top of the orange.
- Tie a overhand knot at one end of the orange to keep the ribbon in place.
- Press cloves into the orange. Create any pattern you would like and be creative.
- Display your oranges in a bowl and hang onto your Christmas tree with extra ribbon for hanging.