I love starting out a brand new year with thinking about my hopes, dreams, and goals. Some are realistic, while others take a little longer to achieve. I believe it is important to write down and visualize “your plans” for the year. However, I keep in mind that everything is on God’s timing and fully embrace His love and plan. As someone with a type-A personality, I have a hard time letting go of control. It is one of my goals to work on in 2018 🙂
Before I state my hopes, dreams, and goals, I always choose my focus word of the year. This word will guide the next 365 days. Sometimes these words just come to me, because of their meaning. Sometimes I have to think deep into my soul and ask what is it I need in my life? My 2018 word of the year is faith. As simple as it sounds, I want to use 2018 to grow my faith in God and His timing. In addition, I have a guiding question that allows me to center my year around. This year, it is: what can I do to change the world?
In 2018, I would like to:
- Love more
- Let go of control
- Work less and enjoy life more
- Start the steps of getting my pilot’s license
- Volunteer at least twice a month
- Obtain my graduate certificate in middle grades education
- Work on my novel and book series
- Exercise and adapt a healthier lifestyle
- Read more!
- Become a better person, teacher, and writer
- Continue writing for Forsyth Magazines
- Travel to at least two more states
- Save more money for the future
- Pass my PRAXIS II exam
- Laugh more
- Give thanks for all the blessings in my life
- Be a greater advocate for mental health, active and nonactive military members, and homelessness
- Write at least three times a week
- Practice empathy more often
- Smile at least once a day
What is your focus word and guiding question for 2018? What do you hope to accomplish in the new year?
Best wishes for 2018!