As #SharkWeek wraps up, I’m ending the week with a bang…or bite, a shark bite that is. Below are two ideas, one DIY project, and one recipe, for you and your family to make and enjoy. First, it is a simple and fun Ocean Slime activity. Then, enjoy tasty Shark Marshmallow Pops.
I hope you have had as much fun as I have celebrating #SharkWeek. Being the over-planner that I am, I’m already thinking about next year’s posts!
- 1 cup clear glue
- 1/2 of liquid starch
- Blue food coloring
- Small ocean animal decorations or shells
- In a bowl, mix the glue and a few drops of blue food coloring together. Add in the liquid starch. Be careful and don’t pour in too much starch at first; otherwise, the mixture will get hard.
- Knead the slime until it no longer sticks to your hands. Add more liquid starch, if needed.
- Once you have your desired consistency, sprinkle the slime with the shells and animals. Have fun!
Shark Marshmallow Pops
- Giant marshmallows
- 2 cups blue candy melts
- 1 cup chocolate candy melts or chocolate chips
- Small candy eyes
- Lollipop sticks
- Place a lollipop stick into the bottom of each marshmallow. It is up to you on how many marshmallow pops you want to make.
- In the microwave, heat the blue candy melts. It should take about 3 – 4 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
- Cover the entire marshmallow, except for a half oval at the bottom front, in the melted chocolate.
- Stick 2 candy eyes at the top and place in the freezer until the blue candy has hardened.
- While the marshmallows are in the freezer, use the remaining blue melted chocolate and pipe a small fin onto parchment paper. Place in the freezer.
- Once hardened, peel the fins off the paper. Dip the bottom into the melted blue chocolate and place on top of the marshmallow.
- In the microwave, melt the chocolate candy melts for 2 – 3 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds.
- With the melted chocolate, pipe a zig-zag teeth/mouth on the white part of the marshmallow. You can also add extra decorations to your shark with the chocolate.